Friday, July 29, 2011

Kung Fu Panda 2 DS

Helped out on the Kung Fu Panda 2 DS title. Did a combat 'arena' with a city background, really nothing too special. Made the geo, textures and lighting... so, everything you see in these shots (except for maybe a few textures). I'm not sure if it got into the final game like this, or if it was modified and changed. I was only on the project for a week and a half and working on another game at the same time. If I had more time I would of added more detail, but then again I think I was already pushing the poly limits in certain camera views. The whole scene (and I do mean everything) was around 3500 polys.


Here you can see what the scene looks like in-game and what it looks like at the polygon level with the textures and vertex lighting removed.
*Secret revealed* the far buildings are nothing more than single poly planes with the textures and vertex lighting doing all the work.


Something that might be of interest: there wasn't any hardware fog in the scene. The atmospheric effect was created mainly by vertex lighting.

Copyright: Dreamworks

No comments: